Teamlead / Senior SWE
Feb 2022 - present
Top e-grocery startup in Russia. I managed team of frontend and backend developers and hired new teammates (front, back, qa). Coding/management ratio is 80/20. Main responsibility is development of Experiment Platform (a/b testing service, deployed via k8s+istio) processing all client traffic of SberMarket platform. Improved observability with Prometheus. Added API endpoints for many clients (internal and external). Extended a/b-tests functions to satisfy our clients needs. Code refactored via clean architecture principles. Started a process of redesigning Experiment Platform UI to fit our UX goals better. Migrated communication between internal services to gRPC.
Top social platform (for Russia/Ukraine/Belarus) about suburban lifestyle with many services. Avegare MAU: 3,5 millions of unique users.
- Transformed the legacy monolith project to a mesh of less coupled Go microservices based on a Kebernetes.
- Implemented CI/CD pipeline.
- Organized a transparent process for recruiting and onboarding new employees.
- Formalized all business processes of the company and successfully created a software infrastructure for their optimization.
- Introduced a DevOps culture for the development department and a data-driven management for all decision makers. Every service uses general Event Bus and emits logs to kibana. Metrics are collected by Prometheus and Clickhouse.
- Organized total rewrite of all frontend from jQuery to React.js.
- Implemented new approach for ui development: generalized component library for mutual use of UI designer and frontend team (Sketch, Zeplin).
- Most traffic apps: forum with multiple custom plugins (DAU: 500K), “Exchange” platform for workers (DAU: 3k+). Total MAU: 25+ mln unique users.